Welcome to Biddulph Male Voice Choir website.
Singing since 1922, the choir`s first Constitution was produced by choristers Sam Hinks, John Lawton and Bob Pill in 1976 and revised in 1995 when the choir was registered as CHARITY No 1046347.
The Choirs logo, adopted in 1992, features the local landmark, Mow Cop Castle and the Staffordshire Knot, both symbols of the steadfastness and stability of North Staffordshire which, like the choir, have weathered the years and withstood the tests of time.
The Stafford Knot, dates from 750-850AD and is the badge of the Stafford family who, through Morag, Lady Stafford, approved its use by the choir. It remains unconfirmed that the initial purpose of the knot was to enable the sheriff to hang three criminals at one go!
LAST UPDATED: 15/06/2013
LATEST NEWS UPDATED: 01/06/2013